Saturday, October 1, 2011

REVAMPING A SIDE TABLE

Hello to all my wonderful, talented, creative and fabulous blogger friends...My carpul tunnel operation on my hands is over and I am slowly beginning to get back to the things I love and one of them of course is blogging...Today I remembered to take some before pictures so you would be able to appreciate the after...Looks like a piece of junk..huh
I can just hear Mr. S. asking "where in the world will that go".......Oh there must be help for these non believers in the vision...lol...hehe hehe..





The handles are coming off first, then I think I will just clean it good before anything else....


I bought this little beauty for 10.00...don't even ask me why...I guess you could say I really like the detail and it is just a little different...





This is a cute little tray that pulls out, maybe for a cup of coffee....







You can see the top a little, it feels like leather and it is in pretty good shape....




I think if I replace the missing dowels and re glue and clamp everything back into place I will be ready for some white spray primer...




Isn't that a cute little hole in the top...odd

Glue is now dry, primer is dry, a light sanding then some white spray paint and some updated handles and we are almost there....





It's hard to believe this mess would look like the pictures below






After I painted the table I lightly sanded the edges a little to give it a used kind of a feel...














I love the little magazine rack on the side, wow I sure can use that beside the big chair...





This is a picture of the back, cute the way it opens up on both ends and the little sliding tray also works from either side.... I don't even mind the gouges in the top edge...gives it a little character, don't you think...






This is a closer look at the paint job and the little touch of hand sanding...








The handles coordinate with the ones in the kitchen, the two rooms open up to each other...






The new little table looks just right for the den chair...it will be nice to have the larger table top....





Well I am happy I have saved this little beauty from the scrap heap...lol





























Now is the time for that hot cup of coffee with some almond joy creamer...yummm



Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit, I sure hope you were inspired to find and save a little treasure of your own....
Please leave a comment, I have missed hearing from all of you, and if you are not already a follower, that would just be the icing on the cake....yum some cake with my coffee...
Phyllis


attaching to Happy to design





between naps on the porch

11 comments:

  1. Good morning my Dear friend..girl I'm so glad to see you back posting...I love that sweet little table that you redid..love the tray for drinks..
    I hope your feeling better now girl...Have you been working on any wonderful tables?? Again welcome back to blogland..I will be gone from posting for a few months...Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a darling table. Love it...so unusual.
    The hole at the back most likely is where a lamp was attached to this little reading table.
    You did a nice job on it. :))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great DIY! I love the revamp!!!! The magazine rack is perfect... I kind of think all side tables should have one! =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great! I love it!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you did a great job on the table! I really like it, especially how it haves the place for magazines. Wish I'd find a cast off like that! Thanks for stopping by my blog and being my newest follower! I'm following you now, too! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meant to say "how it 'has' the place for magazines!" Eekk...it must be past my bedtime! lol I see you love animals, too (I am "owned" by 3 cats!) Have a good week!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phyllis...

    So happy to hear that you are feeling better, my friend! Wowzer...what a gorgeous transformation that your cute little table went through! It turned out sooo pretty! I love that it has a tray that slides out...very unique! It looks marvelous besides your comfy chair! Great job, my friend!

    Thank you so much for sharing your new little beauty with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week! And...soooo happy to see you back to blogging!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive, it looks so different. It's a wonderful transformation. Isn't it amazing what a little paint will do? I am a new follower, and I have a collie too! Check out my ranch tour and you can see our sweet collie girl. She's a rescue we got when she was just two. I need to update the photo as she doesn't even have her full coat of hair in the photo since she was so young. Your collies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the table....don't forget about Tina's blog. I'm sure everyone misses how she's meowing around

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think "where's that going to go?" is a standard husband line! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely piece, glad you saved it! You did a wonderful job transforming it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I truly appreciate what you have to say and always read every one.